Alabama Construction Trades
About Go Build
Created by the Alabama Construction Recruitment Institute, the Go Build campaign is designed to educate young people on the value of learning a trade, dispel their misconceptions about the construction industry and inspire them to consider building a career as a skilled construction tradesman. Through this advertising, public relations and social media campaign, ACRI aims to provide better opportunities for construction tradesmen, more highly skilled employees for construction businesses and enhanced economic development for Alabama and the nation.
Faced with a growing shortage of skilled construction craftsmen and an aging construction labor workforce, the Alabama Legislature established ACRI in 2009. The institute is working to educate young people, parents, educators and others about the opportunities offered by the construction industry. ACRI’s partners include Alabama AFL-CIO, the Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama, Alabama Associated General Contractors, Inc., Alabama Road Builders Association, the American Subcontractors Association, the Alabama Construction Trade Unions, the Alabama College System, the Alabama Construction Users Roundtable and construction business owners throughout the state.
- Alabama AFL-CIO
- Alabama Associated General Contractors, Inc.
- Associated Builders and Contractors of Alabama
- Alabama Community College System
- Alabama Construction Trade Unions
- Alabama Construction Users Roundtable
- Alabama Department of Education: Career Technical Education
- Alabama JobLink
- Alabama Licensing Board for General Contractors
- Alabama Road Builders Association
- American Subcontractor Association of Alabama
- Construction Education Foundation of Alabama (CEFA)
- SkillsUSA – Alabama Chapter
- Subcontractors Association of Alabama
- Profoundly Disconnected Trade Resource Center